Work interests: Fish immunology and Histopathology, Immune response
Preferred contact method: Reply to post in blog/forum/group
Preferred contact language(s): English
Favourite publications: Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications. Article ID 7975873. Accepted 21 May 2022, Nature Scientific reports. 12:4792. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-08371-1. www.nature.com/scientificreports
Work: Dr. B. DEIVASIGAMANI, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor (Senior Scale) CAS in Marine Biology Faculty of Marine Sciecnes Annamalai University Parangipettai-608502 Special / invited/guest lectures delivered: 1. EPS – Global 1st International Immunology Conference September 10-11, 2010 China 2. Seminar on Immunology and Immunotechnology September 16-18,2009 Tiruchirappalli 9) prizes / awards / honours obtained : Two 10) Abroad visit : China, Sep.2010 11) Any other activities : Conducting UGC NET and GATE exams for PG students from 2007 to till date. Assisting duty for chairman in M.Sc University exams since 2010. Member of student welfare cell. Order No. B1-4/8669/2011 Book Publication • Deivasigamani, B. 2007. Structure of immune organ (Spleen) in Mystus gulio (Hamilton). Advances in Aquatic Ecology. Vol: 1, 157-162. ISBN:8170354838 • B. Deivasigamani, M. Sakthivel and S. Balamurugan. 2011. Marine fish immunology and immunotechnology LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co.KG Germany. ISBN:978-3-8465-9968-6
Biographical: Training programmers / conferences /seminars/ symposium/workshop organized: Dr.B.Deivasigamani 1. Summer training programme on bioprocess technology (Enzyme Technology) NIL 25th-29th May, 2009 CAS in Marine Biology, Annamalai University 2. National training programme on Enzyme technology DST 25th-29th March, 2010 CAS in Marine Biology, Annamalai University 3. Workshop on Design and Analysis of Experiments (RSM) NIL 9th October, 2009 CAS in Marine Biology, Annamalai University 4. Workshop on Marine fish immunology and immunotechnology DBT 1-8th December, 2010 CAS in Marine Biology, Annamalai University
Favourite Publications: Research Publications - International • Mohan Gopi, Subramanian Kumar, Thipparamalai Thangappanpillai Ajith Kumar, Balaram,an Deivasigamani, Kumarappan Alagappan and Srinivasan Guru Prasad. 2012 Antibacterial potential of sponge endosymbiont marine Enterobacter sp at Kavaratti Island, Lakshadweep archipelago. Asian Pacific Jouranal of Trpical Medicine. 142-146. ISSN: 1995-7645, Impact factor,2.116, Citation index 22. • T. Rajasekar, J. Usharani, M. Sakthivel and B. Deivasigamani*.2011 Immunostimulatory effects of Cardiospermum halicacubum against Vibrio parahaemolyticus on tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon. J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 3,5:501-513. ISSN : 0975 – 7384 • B. Deivasigamani. 2011 ROLE OF THE IMMUNE ORGAN (THYMUS) IN MYSTUS GULIO International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. 2,1,403-406. ISSN 0975-6299, Indexed in Elsevier Bibliographic Database ICV Value is 4.63. • S. Kumaran, B. Deivasigamani, KM. Alagappan and M. Sakthivel. 2011. Antibiotic resistant E. coli strains from seafood and its susceptibility to seaweed extracts. Elsevier, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. 412-420. ISSN: 1995-7645, Impact factor,2.116, Citation index 22. • S. Kumaran, B. Deivasigamani, KM. Alagappan and M. Sakthivel. 2010. Infection and immunization trails of Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer) against fish pathogen Vibrio anguillarum. J. of Environ. Biology. 31, 539-541. ISSN:0254-8704, Impact factor 0.48 • K.M. Alagappan, B. Deivasigamani, S.T. Somoasundaram and S. Kumaran. 2010. Occurrence of Vibrio parahaemolyticus and its specific phages from shrimp ponds in East coast of India. Current Microbiology. Doi: 10.1007/s00284-010-9599-0. ISSN:0343-8651, Impact factor 1.51 • S. Kumaran, B. Deivasigamani, KM. Alagappan, M. Sakthivel and S. Guru Prasad. 2009. Isolation and characterization of Pseudomonas sp. KUMS3 from Asian sea bass (Lates calcarifer) with fin rot. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology Doi: 10.1007/s11274-009-0158-4. ISSN:0959-3993, Impact factor 1.214 • KM. Alagappan, B. Deivasigamani, S. Kumaran and M. Sakthivel. 2009. Histopathological Alterations in Estuarine Catfish (Arius maculatus; Thunberg, 1792) Due to Aeronomas hydrophila Infection. World Journal of Fish and Marine Sciences 1 (3): 185-189. ISSN : 2078-4589 • Deivasigamani. B, S. Kumaran, and KM. Alagappan. 2009. Phagocytic activities of splenic macrophages in Asian Sea bass (Lates calcarifer). J. Sci. Trans. Environ. Technov. 2(4): 223-225. • Deivasigamani. B, E. Maheswaran, KM. Alagappan and S. Kumaran. 2009. Analysis of Genetic Diversity on Jackfruit using H-15 RAPD Marker. Asian J. Exp. Sci., 23(3) 01-06. ISSN 0971-5444, Impact factor 1.0 • Deivasigamani, B. 2007. Structure of immune organ in edible catfish. J. Environ. Biol., 28, 4: 757-764. ISSN:0254-8704, Impact factor 0.48 • Deivasigamani. B. 2008. Studies on humoral responses in mystus gulio (Hamilton). International Journal of Zoological Research, Academic Journal. 4 (2); 129-134. • Deivasigamani, B. 2008. The immune response in catfish of Mystus gulio” J. Environ. Biol., 29 (6) 863-866. ISSN:0254-8704, Impact factor 0.48 • Deivasigamani. B and KM. Alagappan. 2008. Industrial application of Keratinase and soluble proteins from feather keratins. J. of Environ. Biology. 29 (6) 933-936. ISSN:0254-8704, Impact factor 0.48 National • Deivasigamani, B. 2006. “Immune organ of thymus in ophiocephalus fish, Channa punctatus” J. Aquatic. Biol., 21, (1).135 -137. ISSN 1864-7782 • Deivasigamani, B. 2006. Paper publication. Histomorphology of immune organ of a fresh water fish, Anabas testudineus (BLOCH)” J. Aquatic. Biol., 21, (1) 138 – 141. ISSN 1864-7782 • Deivasigamani, B. 2006. “Lymphoid organ of head-kidney in air breathing fish, Channa puctatus” J. Aquatic. Biol, 21, (2) 163 - 166. ISSN 1864-7782
Annamalai University, Tamilnadu India. PORTONOVO-608502
My area of research is fish immunology and biotechnology. I have two international patents for my research work in 2022. I have recently published two research papers in Nature scientific report journal 2022 and one paper in Hindawi journal with an impact factor is 7.778. I have published 10 books, 12 manuals and more than 75 research papers in reviewed International and National journals since 2005. I have an editorial board member and reviewer of the five repute International Academic Journals and have Professional membership in the Indian Science Congress Association (Life...
Latest ActivityView All
• SRF Award Received from IAS Bangalore (R, No: LFT45-2014)
• DST YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD (SR/FT/LS-142 /2009)
• UGC Research award (No.30-5/2016 (SA-II))
• AWARD FOR INCREDIBLE RESEARCHER OF INDIA -2021 by Record Owner Delhi- 110009, India. (23.08.2021)
• Outstanding Scientist Award (August, 2021) by VD Good Professional Association of India
• Life time Dignitary Fellows (August 2021) by the International Organization for Academic and Scientific Development.
• OUTSTANDING FACULTY OF THE YEAR-2021. EET CRS Research wings for excellence in professional education & industry present 9th Branding award July 2021. By Kolkata India.
1. Vengatesan Sathish, Arjunan Sundaresan and Balaraman Deivasigamani. 2021. Effect of dietary supplementation of natural immunostimulants on the nonspecific immune response of the grey mullet, Mugil cephalus. to International Journal of Aquatic Science. International Journal of Aquatic Science. 12: 02, 5106-5117 ISSN: 2008-8019
2. Sathish V,Sundaresan A, and Deivasigamani B. 2021. Immunomodulatory effects of dietary intake of chitosan on non-specific, of Mugil cephalus challenged with Aeromonas hydrophil. Journal of Advanced Scientific Research. 12:02, 33-39, ISSN 0976-9595,
3. Aji Jovitha A.T. and B. Deivasigamani . 2021. STUDY ON ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF SILVER NANOPARTICLES FROM MANGROVE (RHIZOPHORA MUCRONATA) BARK EXTRACT. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research. Volume 7 Issue 12. 297-302, eISSN: 2349-5162.
4. Aji Jovitha A.T. and B. Deivasigamani.2020. Optimization & Characterization of Silver Nanoparticles fromRhizophora mucronata Mangrove bark extract. Journal Of Pharmacy And Biological Sciences. Volume 15, Issue 3 Ser. I (May –June 2020), PP 48-55.
5. Aji Jovitha A.T. and B. Deivasigamani. 2020. Biosynthesis and Characterization of Silver Nanoparticles from Mangrove Bark - Rhizophora Mucronata Extract. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. Vol 13, Issue 7, 2020, 91-94. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22159/ajpcr.2020.v13i7.37634.
6. Deivasigamani Balaraman& Mahendran Subramanian Kumaran Subramanian, Balamurugan Sadaiappan, Wilson Aruni, Alagappan Kumarappan, Rajasekar Thirunavukarasu, Guru Prasad Srinivasan, Selvaraj Bharathi, PrasannabalajiNainangu, Pugazhvendan Sampath Renuga, Anandajothi Elamaran. 2020. Bioconversion of chitin and concomitant production of chitinase and N‑acetylglucosamine by novel Achromobacterxylosoxidans isolated from shrimp waste disposal area. Scientific reports. (Nature publishing group).10(14), doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-68772-y.
7. Priya, C.S, Deivasigamani. B, Anusha N., Shajahan A. 2019. Optimization of chitinase extracton by Streptomyces hygroscopicus DSCH 2 Isolated from The Sample of Soil. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research.Volume: 6, 5, Page No.638-648. ISSN: 2349-5162.
8. Gunasekaran T, A. Gopalakrishnan, B. Deivasigamani, S. Muhilvannan, & P. Kathirkaman. 2019. Vibrio alginolytigus causing shell disease in the mud crab Scylla serrata (Forskal 1775). Indian Journal of Geo Marine Sciences. 48(9):1359.
9. Priya C.S, Deivasigamani. B, Anusha N, Shajahan A. 2019. Antagonistic effectofrice fungal pathogens hostile to Actinomycetes. Scientific Information and Technological Board of Sadhana. http://www.universalreview.in/ 10 (07): 6 226-234 ISSN 2277 2723 (P) 22772726 (O)
10. Sharmila R, Deivasigamani B. 2018. Screening, Production and Characterization of extracellular glutaminase free L-Asparaginase producing endo-symbiontic bacteria from the gut of Mugil cephalus (Mullet fish).Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology.4 (3).288-292. doi.org/10.31024/ajpp.2018.4.3.8
11. Sharmila R, B. Deivasigamani. 2018. Molecular Characterization and Cytotoxic Activity on HCT-15 and HepG2 of L-asparaginase Producing Bacteria from Mugil cephalus. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). ISSN: 2319-7064.: 7, 942-944.
12. Dhevika S and Deivasigamani B. 2018. Antioxidant activity of the seaweed, Caulerpa racemosa - In vitro assessment. International Journal of Scientific Research and Reviews. 7(3), 1488-1500. ISSN: 2279–0543
13. Dhevika S and Deivasigamani B. 2018. Phytochemical Profiling and GC-MS analysis of caulerparacemosa. Rjlbpcs. Research Journal of Life Sciences, Bioinformatics, Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences. 4(5) 155-165. DOI: 10.26479/2018.0405.12
14. B. DEIVASIGAMANI. 2017. Characterization of Cyclin Gene in Marine Finfish (Mugil cephalus). Trends in Biosciences 10 (18), 3167-3170, ISSN 0974-8431
15. T. Gunasekaran, A. Gopalakrishnan and B. Deivasigamani. 2017. Chitinolytic Bacterial Disease Infected in Scylla Serrta (Forsskal 1775) Fattening Farm of Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Science Inventions Today. 6 (6), 802-810. ISSN 2319-5436
16. Janani Seralathan, Asaraf Ali Abdul Salam, Harshini Selva Mohan, Deivasigamani Balaraman, Senthil Kumar Sadasivam.2017. Evaluation of toxicity reduction in textile effluent by different treatment protocols involving marine diatom Odontellaaurita on freshwater fish Labeo rohita. Journal of Water Process Engineering, 20 (12): 232-242. DOI: 10.1016/j.jwpe.2017.10.013
17. Gunasekaran T, Gopalakrishnan A, Deivasigamani B. 2017. Spontaneous white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) infection in mud crab Scylla serrata (Forskal 1775) fattening pens farm of south east coast of India. Comparative Clinical Pathology. 27(2):413-419. DOI: 10.1007/s00580-017-2607-z
18. Edward Gnana Jothi Georgea, Godfred Ponraj Jayaraj B, and Deivasigamani B. 2017. Effect of BLOOMAX™ on plankton enhancement in low saline semi-intensive pond culture system of the white leg shrimp, Litopenaeusvannamei (Boone, 1931). International journal of current Science Research, 3 ( 2): 1069-1086. ISSN: 2454-5422. Impact factor:1.9.
19. Edward Gnana Jothi Georgea, Godfred Ponraj Jayaraj b, and Deivasigamani B. 2017. Bacillus Probiotic Strains of Ecotoxnil® as Eco-friendly and Efficient Bio-decomposing Agent in Curbing Sludge and Toxic Gases from Litopenaeusvannamei (Boone, 1931) Shrimp Culture Ponds. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies. 5(5): 283-291. ISSN-P-2394-0506
20. Deivasigamani B,Vasuki S and Sundaresan A. 2017. Identification of protein from muscle tissue of marine finfish. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 6 (4): 159-167. ISSN: 2319-7706.