Recommended @ Research Cooperative
"Recommended @ Research Cooperative" is a journal and publisher recommendation list for visitors to our network. It is something that we can build as a community for the wider research community beyond our network. We look forward to recommendation requests from our members on behalf of new, local, regional, or less well-known publishers. See notes at end of the initial list below.
There are many ways for authors to find publishers to work with, but perhaps the most important methods are to look at (1) pubishers of work that you have found useful, and (2) publishers of papers cited by authors you consider to be good, and (3) review journals that publish well-written reviews in your research field. If you have good work to publish, and would like to consider a range of possible publishers and journals, review journals can be an especially rich starting point. Review authors generally make an effort to cite widely from across all relevant and recent literature for a particular research topic.
See also: A. Forrester, B. Bjork, C. Tenopir (2017) New web services that help authors choose journals. Learned Publishing 30(4):281-287.
Annual Reviews - This family of review publications spans the social, natural, and applied sciences. The publisher offers free access to its entire collection of review journals (including the Electronic Back Volume Collection) to institutions in eligible countries within the " International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications" .
Recommended Journals and Publishers
curach bhán publications , Berlin. Specialist publisher and distributor for Celtic Studies, archaeology, philology, and cross-disciplinary areas of the sciences and humanities. Research Cooperative member contact: Daniel Büchner . Added 31st March 2018.
Highlander Books , Kohima. I independent international academic publisher of monographs and edited volumes in the humanities and social sciences. Research Cooperative member contact: Michael Heneise . Added 30th March 2018 .
Mechanical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, University of Mataram, Indonesia. Publication: Dinamika Teknik Mesin , since 2001. English, Bahasa Indonesian. Research Cooperative member contact: Mirmanto . Added 26th October 2017.
National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka, Japan. Since 1974, this museum as been publishing a range of periodicals and monograph series in fields related to anthropology, ethnology and museology (see publications ). English, Japanese, other languages. Research Cooperative member contact: Peter Matthew s . Added 26th October 2017.
1. We support new, local, or less well-known publishers that we consider to be genuine. A listing here does not imply anything about their particular merits for authors, readers, or research areas, other than that we believe them to be genuine publishers.
Authors must judge for themselves the particular merits of a publisher for a particular area of research.
2. Inactive links will be removed. As a courtesy, please report inactive links, and supply a new URL, or tell us if your journal has ceased operating.
3. We have only one criterion for supporting a publisher: it must be produced by a genuine educational organisation (e.g. university, institute, society, company, editorial board or committee).
"Genuine" means with a significant educational purpose, professional goals, clear historical record, and contact details that can be verified in more than one way.
4. We do not list publishers represented by anonymous people, or that cannot be contacted using a physical address.
5. We are happy to support local and multilingual publishers that use a mix of English and other languages. At present we can only investigate and list publishers that provide Engli sh-language information. We can help publishers by adding links in our recommended publisher list, and creating a publisher support group.