Recommended @ The Research Cooperative
We look forward to recommendation requests from our members on behalf of new, local, regional, or less well-known publishers. See notes at end of list.
There are many ways to find publishers that have a good reputation, but perhaps the most important method is to look at the publishers of work cited in: (1) papers that you find are good in your research field, or (2) review journals that publish well-written reviews in your research field.
If you have good work to publish, and would like to consider a range of possible publishers, review journals are an especially rich starting point, as the authors of reviews generally make an effort to cite widely from across all the relevant and recent literature for a particular research topic.
Recommended Publishers for Journals and Monograph Series
1. Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Mataram in Indonesia. Publication: Dinamika Teknik Mesin , since 2001. English, Bahasa Indonesian. Research Cooperative member contact: Mirmanto. Added 26th October 2017.
2. National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka, Japan. Publications: Senri Ethnological Studies (and others), since 1974. English, Japanese, other languages. Research Cooperative member contact: Peter Matthews. Added 26th October 2017.
Recommended Review Journal Publishers
Annual Reviews - Publications: many across the social, natural, and applied sciences. This publisher offers free access to its entire collection of review journals (including the Electronic Back Volume Collection) to institutions in eligible countries within the "International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications".
1. Since we support new, local or less well-known publishers, a listing here does not imply anything about their merits for authors, other than that we believe them to be genuine publishers. Authors must judge the particular merits of a publisher through their own study.
2. Inactive links will be removed. As a courtesy, please report inactive links, and supply a new URL, or tell us if your journal has ceased operating.
3. We have only one criterion for supporting a publisher: it must be produced by a genuine educational organisation (university, society, company or other group).
"Genuine" means with a significant educational purpose, professional goals, clear historical record, and contact details that can be verified in more than one way.
4. We do not list publishers represented by just one person or by anonymous people, as the resulting publications are unlikely to have adequate academic support for management, editing, peer review, promotion, and long-term production.
5. We are happy to support local and multilingual publishers that use a mix of English and other languages. At present we can only investigate and list publishers that provide English-language information. We can help publishers by (i) adding links in our recommended publisher list, below, and/or (ii) creating a publisher support group.