SMART 2013 - Social Media in Academia: Research and Teaching
You are invited to participate at this conference ( http://smart2013.edusoft.ro ).
Social Media in Academia: Research and Teaching provides relevant theoretical frameworks and the latest research on social media the challenges in the educational context. Our conference is essential for professionals aiming to improve their understanding of social media at different levels of education as well as researchers in the fields of e-learning, educational science and information and communication sciences and much more.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic applications for podcasting
- Academic events through social-media (Eventful, The Hotlist, Meetup.com, Upcoming, Eventseer, AllConferences)
- Analytics for social media
- Budgeting for social media in academic organizations
- Case studies for successful social media commuting and presenting
- Communication, both internal and external.
- Diagramming and visual collaboration in educational institutions
- Document Managing and Editing Tools: Docs.com, Dropbox.com, Google Docs, Syncplicity
- Executive and employee social media education and training.
- How do universities deal with social media obstacles/shortcomings
- Impact of social media on the quality of the didactic process
- Integrating social media and traditional media within the academic environment
- Livecasting for education
- Location-based social networks (Facebook places, Foursquare, Geoloqi, Google Latitude, Gowalla, The Hotlist)
- Mobile social media and mobile teaching/learning
- Personal Learning Environments
- Photography and art sharing (deviantArt, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa, SmugMug, Zooomr) and the new education
- Research in Social Media: journals, books, conferences, events
- Social bookmarking (or social tagging): CiteULike, Delicious, Diigo, Google Reader, StumbleUpon, folkd
- Social media tools for schools and universities
- Social networking used in the new academic environment (ASmallWorld, Bebo, Cyworld, Diaspora, Facebook, Google+, Hi5, Hyves, IRC, LinkedIn, MySpace, Ning, Orkut, Plaxo, Tagged, Tuenti, XING, Yammer)
- Social news: Digg, Mixx, Social i my2i, Newsvine, NowPublic, Reddit
- Teaching through presentation sharing (Prezi, scribd, SlideShare)
- The use of Content Management Systems for education (Drupal, Joomla, Plone, Siteforum, Wordpress)
- The advertising of universities using social media
- Using blogs (Blogger, Drupal, LiveJournal, Open Diary, WordPress, Xanga) for educational purposes
- Using microblogging (Google Buzz, Identi.ca, Twitter) for communicating academic events
- Using video sharing for education (Dailymotion, Metacafe, Nico Nico Douga, Openfilm, sevenload, Viddler, Vimeo, YouTube)
- Using wikis (PBworks, Wetpaint, Wikia, Wikimedia, Wikispaces) in Science Classes