Call for Papers - Social Media in Academia: Research and Teaching (SMART 2013)
Social Media in Academia: Research and Teaching provides relevant theoretical frameworks and the latest research on social media the challenges in the educational context. Our conference is essential for professionals aiming to improve their understanding of social media at different levels of education as well as researchers in the fields of e-learning, educational science and information and communication sciences and much more.
- February 10, 2013: submission of abstracts and intentions of participation
- February 20, 2013: submission of full papers, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 20, 2013: notification of acceptance
- April 20, 2013: registration
- May 20, 2013: submission of final version of the papers
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic applications for podcasting
- Academic events through social-media (Eventful, The Hotlist, Meetup.com, Upcoming, Eventseer, AllConferences)
- Analytics for social media
- Budgeting for social media in academic organizations
- Case studies for successful social media commuting and presenting
- Communication, both internal and external.
- Diagramming and visual collaboration in educational institutions
- Document Managing and Editing Tools: Docs.com, Dropbox.com, Google Docs, Syncplicity
- Executive and employee social media education and training.
- How do universities deal with social media obstacles/shortcomings
- Impact of social media on the quality of the didactic process
- Integrating social media and traditional media within the academic environment
etc. (see the web page: http://smart2013.edusoft.ro )