Translation of botanical Dutch to English

Research Cooperative
Research Cooperative
@chief-admin
13 years ago
226 posts

Hi folks - I should have written earlier. I did find a translator, and this job has been completed.

By chance, in the same month, an English translation of the book concerned was published for the first time since the 18th C original publication in Latin and Old Dutch, but I did not know that a translation was under way when I made my request here.

Now I have two translations to work with, which is not a bad thing, given the many different ways that translation can be done with any particular text.

--
Peter J. Matthews, Chief Admin.,
The Research Cooperative,
Auckland & Kyoto.

Linda Karssies
Linda Karssies
@linda-karssies
13 years ago
1 posts

Dear Peter,

I have a degree in Physical Geography and took some Botany courses. I enjoy gardening and love natural history (esp Dawkins' books). If you send me a copy of the text that you would like to have translated, I can tell you if I qualify for translating the text (I think I may), and if I am, provide you with a quote.

Of course your request is from July and may no longer stand.

Cheers,

Linda Karssies

Begonia Translations

www.begoniatranslations.com

Research Cooperative
Research Cooperative
@chief-admin
13 years ago
226 posts

I have a short text from Rumphius (1741-1756) Herbarium Amboinensis that needs to be translated into English from Dutch. I am able to pay a professional fee for this, for someone with suitable experience.

Please contact me by reply to this message.

Thanks, Peter Matthews (National Museum of Ethnology, Japan)

--
Peter J. Matthews, Chief Admin.,
The Research Cooperative,
Auckland & Kyoto.

updated by @chief-admin: 02/06/16 07:57:37PM

Tags

Dislike 0