Work interests: Providing NPO social network for better research communication
Affiliation/website: Serving all members of the Research Cooperative
Preferred contact method: Other (details below)
Preferred contact language(s): English
Contact: email (researchcooperative atto gmail dotto com)
Favourite publications: PJ Matthews and J Akamine, eds. (2004) Research Writing in Japan: Personal, Cultural, and Practical Perspectives, Senri Ethnological Reports No. 49. National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka.
About Social Tips
What are "social tips"?
Social tips, here at the Research Cooperative, include comments, advice, suggestions, and rules aimed at helping members communicate
- with each other effectively - member-to-member communication.
- with all visitors to our network
Most visitors to our network are new visitors who are not likely to know the aims of our network, but they are the largest potential source of help for authors and publishers, and the largest potential source of new customers for service providers.
Our social tips will also include comments, advice, suggestions, and rules for visitors to our website.
We cannot impose rules on our visitors, but we can at least ask members and visitors alike to follow a commonsense code of conduct, namely to:
- be polite by default (in reality, there may be situations where a certain edginess is better -- i.e. more engaging and sincere -- than bland politeness),
- expect politeness (and occasional edginess) from others,
- offer constructive criticism wherever it may be helpful for others, and
- offer praise where praise is due.
Our social tips are also concerned with interactions between members and moderators and administrators of the network.