ISJN, II

Will McClatchey
Will McClatchey
@will-mcclatchey
11 years ago
1 posts

Yes, this appears to be a scam intended to get money out of people who really want their research published. I cannot find any citation index for the site and the letters have errors that make me doubt that there is a real editor behind them.

Mehrab D
Mehrab D
@mehrab-d
11 years ago
1 posts

I believe The Journal of Ethnobiology and Traditional Medicine which belongs to photon foundation is a fake site

I sent a paper to this journal by this Email : photonjournal@yahoo.com

They answered by other email: photonderms@gmail.com

Yoshio Takeda

Editorial Office

TheJournal of Ethnobiology and Traditional Medicine

Photon

second time they asked to send them 200 US $ for publication to Indian bank:

Payment to be made

US$ 200

Beneficiary Name

Photon

Account Number

Name of Bank

IDBI Bank Ltd

SWIFT Code

IBKLINBB004

City

Bharatpur

Country

India

All of information by this group shows that they are a fake group and cheating for money.

If they are in USA why they asked to send money to India?
The first Email they mentioned this name Yoshio Takeda
But when they asked for money they just mentioned Editorial Office.

My last suggestion is photon group is fake and cheating group.

Research Cooperative
Research Cooperative
@chief-admin
12 years ago
226 posts

Dear Ayam,

I have never heard of ISJN and cannot find any discussion of such a number on the internet. ISSN is the number used by most journals that wish to be catalogued globally. There are many useful small newsletters and journals that are published by small organisations that do not use the ISSN system... the keyword here is organisation. Academic societies usually consist of members who know each other, meet face to face, and begin distribution of a newsletter or journal among themselves. The people who know and receive the publication can trust it because they have other forms of contact with the organisation and editors. A publisher that uses an unknown 'standard' number cannot be trusted.

See also this comment: " How can we recognise genuine publishers and journals? " in our forum on publishing and production.

I will reply further to your chat message below. Here is a review of each site you mentioned.

Peter.

1. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences (ISSN: 0975-8585) http://www.rjpbcs.com/

This journal has many spelling and grammatical errors throughout the website, but the actual text of the website appears original and reasonably logical. The journal title is also badly composed (with redundant terms making it a long title). The editors ask authors to employ editors, but have not done so themselves for the journal website. Although the journal appears to be sincere, no postal address appears in the contact details for any person associated with the journal. There is also no indication of who actually established the journal and who is supporting it.

I would not trust this journal as a long-term repository for your work.

2. JPBMS now indexed in the catalog of National library of Medcine (NLM) division of NCBI (Pubmed),USA. See url:- www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

This journal has some of the same problems as for (1) above, but does give postal contact addresses for two editors. Again, there is no indication of who actually established the journal and who is supporting it.

If you like the work previously published by this journal and can imagine reading the journal yourself, then perhaps it is worth trying, but I would not trust the journal as a long-term repository.

3. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy (IOSRPHR) / Call for paper August 2012 ISSN: 2250-3013

From the title onwards, everything is too bad about this journal. A pharmacy is a place that provides or sells medicine. The research field is Pharmacology. The English does not get better in the details. There is no indication of who owns the journal, and no sign of any competent editor being anywhere near it. Please ignore!

4. The Journal of Ethnobiology and Traditional Medicine, published by Photon Foundation journals: this uses a Googlesite site that is transparently unprofessional and lacks verifiable contact details. Photon Foundation also lists the journal in item 3 above. Ignore this publisher!

I recommend looking at The Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine . This is a serious, well-established online journal with an editorial board of many well-known scholars

5. Dilip.C Editor ASIAN JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL AND LIFE SCIENCES,(ajbls) Website- www.pbsjournals.com

This journal has only recently started, and there is no indication of who is practically supporting the journal as publisher etc. But the website, despite some problems with English, is clean and functional and makes no exaggerated claims. I recommend trying to contact the editor if you would like to support the journal as a contributor. Ask for more information about the journal. In some places, there is mention of a "Pharmaceutical and Biological society" but no details of the society or how to join are given. It is also not clear how the journal is supported financially. The Subscription form leads to a 404 error, and access is elsewhere described as 'free'.

--
Peter J. Matthews, Chief Admin.,
The Research Cooperative,
Auckland & Kyoto.

Ayam Victor Singh
Ayam Victor Singh
@ayam-victor-singh
12 years ago
10 posts

Is there ISJN (International Standard Journal Number), instead of ISSN and II (Impact Index) instead of Impact factor The Journal of Ethnobiology and Traditional Medicine Impact Index: 1.87 Language: English ISJN 6642-3194 Imprint: Photon This is the website they provide plez check it again: https://sites.google.com/site/photonfoundationorganization/home/the-journal-of-ethnobiology-and-traditional-medicine

updated by @ayam-victor-singh: 21/01/17 10:16:28PM

Tags

Dislike 0