Dr. Dattu Singh M.Sc., Ph.D
Mobile: +91 9902371181
Ø To obtain a challenging and responsible position in the area of R&D with an organization offering advancement opportunities this will develop and actively utilize my acquired skills, abilities and knowledge in accordance with the latest technologies.
Ø Awarded Ph.D in Microbiology from DEPARTMENT OF P.G STUDIES & RESEARCH IN MICROBIOLOGY, GULBARGA UNIVERSITY, GULBARGA (05 Dec 2015)
On “Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles from Endophytic Fungus Penicillium sp. Isolated from Curcuma longa (turmeric) and Application Studies”
Dr. Vandana Rathod, Professor, Department of Microbiology, Gulbarga University Gulbarga.
Ø M.Sc in Microbiology from DEPARTMENT OF P.G STUDIES & RESEARCH IN MICROBIOLOGY, GULBARGA UNIVERSITY, GULBARGA (2011). (66%)
Ø B.Sc in Biotechnology from VISHWESHWARIAH COLLEGE OF APPLIED SCIENCES GULBARGA (2009). (72.6%)
Ø Intermediate from DEPARTMENT OF PRE-UNIVERSITY EDUCATION BOARD, BANGALORE - The Noble Independent Pre-University College (Science), Gulbarga (2006).
Ø S.S.L.C from KARNATAKA SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD, BANGALORE – The Noble High School, Gulbarga. (2003).
Ø Since from 18th Jan 2012 involved in academic activities as theory and practical classes for the Post Graduate (Microbiology) studies.
1. Isolation and Screening of Endophytic fungi for potent AgNps (Silver Nanoparticles) production from Curcuma longa and Catharanthus roseus.
2. Identification and characterization of the potent fungal isolate.
3. Biosynthesis and optimization studies for the production of AgNps by potent isolate.
4. Characterization of biosynthesized AgNps using using UV-Vis Spectroscopy, TEM (Transmission Electron Microscopy), SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy), EDS (Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy) FTIR ( Fourier Transform Infra Red Spectroscopy), XRD (X-ray Diffraction), AFM ( Atomic Force Microscopy) and ICP-AES (Inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy).
5. Application studies of synthesized AgNps
· Antibacterial Studies of AgNps against MDR Pathogens, Antibacterial Activity of AgNps in Combination with Antibiotics, Antibacterial Efficacy of AgNps against Dental Pathogens, In-Vitro Anti-Diabetic and Anti-Inflammatory Efficacy of AgNps, In-Vitro Cytotoxic Studies of AgNps against L6 Cell Line.
Ø “Production, Purification and Kinetic study of lipases from Bacteria”
Guided By:- Dr.Shakuntala Bulusu, Research Scientist & H.O.D, BDRC, Hyderabad.
Ø Isolation and maintenance of microorganisms – Bacteria, Fungi, Actinomycetes.
Ø Microscopic studies by light microscope.
Ø Production of Alcohol, Wine, Yoghurt, etc.
Ø Assessment of quality of water (DO, BOD, COD, MPN) and milk (MBRT, SPC, DMC).
Ø Production of biofertilizers (Rhizobium, Azotobacter, Azospirillum, VAM, etc.)
Ø Isolation of DNA from plant and microbial source.
Ø Isolation of plasmid DNA
Ø Isolation of drug resistant bacteria
Ø Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
Biochemistry and Enzymology
Ø Qualitative analysis of biomolecules (Carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, nucleic acids etc.)
Ø Isolation and optimization parameters studies of enzymes.
Ø Paper, thin layer chromatography.
Ø Purification of Enzyme.
Bioinformatics and software’s:
Ø MS-DOS, MS-Office, Internet Knowledge
Ø Accessing information from biological information providers (EMBL, NCBI, PDB, GenBank Etc.)
Ø Blastn, Clustalw, Clustalx, Fasta, Rasmol, Phylip, tree viewX,.
Ø Camera Microscope(Nikon 32)
Ø pH meter, BOD incubator
Ø UV-VIS spectrophotometer
Ø Ultra Cold centrifuge, Desktop centrifuge.
Ø Agarose Gel Electrophoretic unit, SDS-PAGE unit,
Ø Gel Doc
Instruments handled: (Demo) at Two Days Workshop on “Research Methodology for Life Science Research Students” Organized by Department of Biotechnology, Gulbarga University Gulbarga
1. “Biologically Reduced Silver Nanoparticles from Streptomyces sp. VDP-5 and its Antibacterial Efficacy”
2. “Antibacterial Activity and Phytochemical Analysis of the Crude Extracts of Endophytic Fungu, Alternaria sp. from the Medicinal Plant Euphorbia hirta (L)”
3. “Phytochemical Analysis and Antibacterial Studies of the Crude Extracts of Endophytic Fungi, Colletotrichum sp. and Alternaria sp. from the Medicinal Plant Tridax procumbens (L)”
1. Presented topic “Biogenic Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles from an Endophytic Fungus, Penicillium sp. Isolated from Curcuma longa (Turmeric) and their toxicology studies against L6 Cell Line” in International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Synthesis of Nanoparticles in Argro Biotechnology –Research and Commercialization” from 25-27th Feb 2016, Organized by (ICAR), (NAARM), Loyala Academy and Prathista Industries Ltd.
Best Poster Award (1st Prize)
1. “National Conference on Nanotechnology’s Invisible Threat: Small Science, Big Consequences” Organized by Mahatma Gandhi National Institute of Research and Social action (MGNIRSA), Hyderabad on 26th, 27th Sept 2013.
Best Poster Award (2st Prize)
2. KSTA Conference on “Energy Climate Change and Environment” Organized by The School of Earth Science, Central University of Karnataka, Kalaburagi on 29th and 30th January 2016
3. Poster presentation On “Potential Appl.ication of Silver nanoparticles from Aspergillus flavus Against Fungal Plant Pathogens” 1st National Conference on Recent Advances in Nanobiotechnology organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga from 20th and 21st March 2012.
4. National Conference on “Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India” Organized by Indian Science Congress Association and M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bengalore 5th -7th Oct 2015.
5. National Conference on “Role of Science and Technology in Environment Protection” Organized by Deccan Environment Organisation Vijayapur, Karnataka, held on 29th Dec 2015.
1. Dattu Singh, Vandana R, Shivaraj N, Jyothi H, Ashish kumar S, and Jasmine M, “ Optimization and characterization of silver nanoparticles by endophytic fungi Penicillium sp. isolated from Curcuma longa (turmeric) and application studies against MDR E. coli and S. aureus,” Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications, vol. 2014, Article ID 408021, 8 pages, 2014. Impact Factor: 2.081
2. Dattu Singh, Vandana Rathod, Jyoti H, Shivaraj N and Prema K. “Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles by endophytic fungi Penicillium sp. Isolated from Curcuma longa (turmeric) and its antibacterial activity against pathogenic Gram negative Bacteria”. Journal of Pharmacy Research 7(2013) 448-453.
3. Dattu Singh, Vandana Rathod*, Labeenah Fatima, Ameena Kausar, Vidyashree, Nishat Anjum, Priyanka.B “Biologically Reduced Silver Nanoparticles from Streptomyces sp. VDP-5 and its Antibacterial Efficacy” International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science Research, May 2014; 4(2):31-36.
4. Dattu Singh, Vandana Rathod*, Ashish Kumar Singh, Ramya Joshi, Nagaratna H, Azmathunnisa, Avinash B. “Antibacterial Activity and Phytochemical Analysis of the Crude Extracts of Endophytic Fungu, Alternaria sp. from the Medicinal Plant Euphorbia hirta (L)”
International Journal of Green Chemistry and Bioprocess 2015; 5(2):14-20.
Ø Independently capable of handling relevant research works a quick and efficient learner having a strong belief and confidence. I am also capable of taking fast independent decision; I can also work in a team and always an open minded researcher.
Ø Writing of Research Proposals for financing from Government Funding Agencies (DBT, DST, CSIR, UGC)
Ø Interested in learning advanced techniques used in the research field
Name : Dr. DATTU SINGH
Father’s Name : NARAYAN SINGH
Sex : Male
Date of Birth : 05/03/1987
Marital Status : Married
Languages : English, Hindi, Kannada & Telugu
Nationality : Indian
Address : Plot no.67, Janaki Nagar, Sedam Road, Gulbarga-585106.
I hereby declare that the details furnished above are true to the best of my knowledge, if an opportunity is given, I will discharge my duties to the entire satisfaction of my superiors.
Dr. Dattu Singh