I'm theorist and work as the scientific advisor. The objects of my interest during last 10 years could be divided into three inter-connected groups:
(1) Design and optimization of performances of bio-composites made by polysaccharide hydrogel beads; Dynamics at cell-matrix bio-interface;
(2) Cell rearrangement under various stress conditions; Viscoelasticity of multicellular systems caused by collective cell migration at sub-cellular, cellular and supracellular levels;
(3) Mechanics of the single cell membrane
I would like to share my research interest with other research groups.
The relevant reference list
1. Pajic-Lijakovic I, Ilic V, Bugarski B and Plavsic MB, 2010. The rearrangement of erythrocyte band 3 molecules and reversible osmotic holes formation under hypotonic conditions. Europ. Biophys. J. Biophys. Let. 39(5):789-800.
2. Pajic-Lijakovic I, Milivojevic M, 2014. Modeling analysis of the lipid bilayer-cytoskeleton coupling in erythrocyte membrane. Biomech. Model. Mechanobiol. 13(5): 1097-1104.
3. Pajic-Lijakovic I, Milivojevic M, 2015a. Actin Cortex Rearrangement Caused by Coupling with the Lipid Bilayer-Modeling Considerations. J. Membr. Biol. 248(2), 337-347.
4. Pajic-Lijakovic I. Erythrocytes under osmotic stress–modeling considerations, 2015b. Progr. Biophys. Mol. Biol. 117(1):113-124.
5. Pajic-Lijakovic I, 2015c. Role of Band 3 in Erythrocyte Membrane Structural Changes under Thermal Fluctuations-Modeling Considerations. J. Bioen. Biomem. 47(6):507-518.
6. Pajic-Lijakovic I, Milivojevic M, 2017. Role of band 3 in the erythrocyte membrane structural changes under isotonic and hypotonic conditions. In Cytoskeleton: Structure, Dynamics, Function and Disease, edited by Jose C. Jimenez-Lopez, InTech Open Access Publisher, pp. 89-103, ISBN 978-953-51-4898-2