Re-inventing the Research Cooperative

Research Cooperative
Research Cooperative
@chief-admin
7 years ago
226 posts

[quote="Michele lesure"]

Thank you for your efforts - I am very interested in this project and have a library background.

[/quote]

Thanks very much. It would be nice for our network to have some discussion about the role of libraries in the present digital age. I grew up with books, at home and academically, so still like to have physical volumes to browse and read. And I also like being able to find them through digital media.... so many old texts have been scanned and have rich information.

--
Peter J. Matthews, Chief Admin.,
The Research Cooperative,
Auckland & Kyoto.

Michele lesure
Michele lesure
@michele-lesure
7 years ago
1 posts

Thank you for your efforts - I am very interested in this project and have a library background.

Duraisamy
Duraisamy
@duraisamy
7 years ago
1 posts

Greetings And Best Wishes 

Research Cooperative
Research Cooperative
@chief-admin
7 years ago
226 posts

Since 2016, our network has been located in the Jamroom content management system.

This is very different from the Ning system that was our home for many years previously. Jamroom is also much more flexible and open for development and improvement.

I am not a computer coding person, so cannot use our new system to full advantage.

This is a project that really needs volunteers to provide technical help.

If our project succeeds, at least a little, then there may be ways to generate income to make the project financially self-sustaining, and able to pay for technical helpers who are skilled and engaged with the work.

I keep on hoping for this. That is one New Year's wish among many.

--
Peter J. Matthews, Chief Admin.,
The Research Cooperative,
Auckland & Kyoto.

updated by @chief-admin: 21/06/17 01:16:09PM

Tags

Dislike 0