Need native English speaker to improve English in scientific paper?

Jiaozheng
Jiaozheng
@jiaozheng
9 years ago
13 posts

Thank you for your response, can you let me know some more detail of your service fee, or should I send you my paper for the fee estimated?

Thanks.

Sun Yang

Defei Zhang
Defei Zhang
@defei-zhang
9 years ago
2 posts

Yes, I can offer the service.

Jiaozheng
Jiaozheng
@jiaozheng
9 years ago
13 posts

Are you still offering the services? Please let me know. Many thanks.

Sun Yang

Defei Zhang
Defei Zhang
@defei-zhang
11 years ago
2 posts

I can do it

James Morrison
James Morrison
@james-morrison
12 years ago
3 posts

I agree with Peter.

Research Cooperative
Research Cooperative
@chief-admin
12 years ago
226 posts

Strictly speaking, the headline is ungrammatical, but it also conforms to the telegraph style used by newspapers for headlines -- which often leads to amusing ambiguities in newspaper headlines.

I think Julie has made a deliberate stylistic choice here, and the message is not ambiguous.

This doesn't mean that your suggestion is irrelevant. She might like to change the headline in the future in order to freshen the message.

--
Peter J. Matthews, Chief Admin.,
The Research Cooperative,
Auckland & Kyoto.

Jeffrey Beall
Jeffrey Beall
@jeffrey-beall
12 years ago
1 posts

I think the headline should say, "Do you need a native English speaker to improve the English in a scientific paper?" The way it reads now is ungrammatical.

Julie Martin
Julie Martin
@julie-martin
14 years ago
2 posts

I can help with your paper. I have experience editing for academics who are non-native speakers of English.

I have a master's degree in English-Technical Communication, plus 23 years of experience as a newspaper editor. I currently edit technical proposals on a full-time basis for a contract research organization in the United States.

Please see my website at http://www.goldendayonline.com/.

I charge $15 per 1,000 words for this service. Upon completion of the work, I would send you a bill through PayPal. Please let me know if you want me to proceed.

Sincerely,

Julie Martin

julie@goldendayonline.com

updated by @julie-martin: 11/11/18 07:49:53AM

Tags

Dislike 0